Spring break is a wonderful time of year for relaxation, rest, and renewal. While this is absolutely true, not everyone can get away from work for a week’s time. In fact some people choose to stay local and have a staycation. With that said we thought it would be great to recommend 5 places for you to visit if you live in or are visiting Anderson, South Carolina during Spring Break 2016.
1. Hartwell Dam– If you love being active in the midst of beautiful scenery then a trip to this delightful spot is definitely worth your time.
- Growler House– Whether you like craft beer or micro beer in draft form, you’ll definitely want to visit this unique spot!
- Split Creek Farm – Interact with Baby Goats and Sample Goat Cheese, Milk, Yogurt, and Fudge! Is your stomach growling yet?
4. South Carolina Botanical Gardens– 295 Acres of landscapes, gardens,
and trails! Grab your pup and head over on a sunny day.
- Trailhead Climbing Outdoor Center– This climbing center has over 6,500 square feet of space for all ages and skill levels.
From kayaking on Lake Hartwell to sampling the delicious fudge at Split Creek Farm, you won’t be disappointed if you put some time aside to visit any of these local gems. Your visit to Anderson, South Carolina will be worthwhile whether you are looking for something that is free and fun for the whole family, or wanting some down time for yourself. Make sure to find a few moments of down time this spring break!